If you saw my first (and before today, only) personal post, then you already know that I am an avid reader of Rock N’Roll Bride’s Green Room posts, and her post this past Tuesday inspired this new feature on Burnett’s Boards which I’m calling (not so creatively, my ‘creative’ option was vetoed by my husband for being a little too edgy…) the Sunday Edition.
What is the Sunday Edition going to be? Well, it’s a weekly wrap up of what I loved in the wedding blogosphere and what I’m loving in the real world. I’m really excited about this new adventure and a little nervous too (I hope it catches on because it was fun to make!)
so without further adue…I bring you the very first Sunday Edition.
1. As afore mentioned, pink haired bloggerina Kat wrote a great post (with other bloggers in mind) about looking back at your blog and learning from it in order to look forward. She had some pretty awesome pictures on her post which were from Dear Photography. Seriously, what a cool concept! And you’ve just got to read the letters with each picture on Dear Photography – some of them will make you laugh out loud and others will make you weep.
2. I’m currently reading and loving the really long book – Vanity Fair.
3. Bridal Musings posted pictures of the most creative save the date card (if you can call it a card) that I’ve ever seen.
4. My August Anthropologie catalogue arrived and I’m now completely obsessed with this sofa.
5. Oh Lovely Day’s chambray chic denim wedding inspiration board is absolutely fabulous.
6. I cook once a week (seriously) – and it’s for our ‘Star Trek Gourmet Club’ weekly movie viewing and dinner party, and this week I made one of my all time favorite things to eat – madras tomato coconut soup. It’s delicious, simple, and quick. Try it.
7. Seeing The Spice Girls perform at the London Olympics closing ceremony made my week. I LOVE THEM! I mean, hey, I’ve got a whole category system for these inspiration boards based around those lovely ladies, and yes, I am aware that I changed their names and added a few ;-).
8. Every Last Detail posted a wonderful and whimsical modern English garden inspiration shoot.
9. I fell in love with Samantha + Mark on Modern Weddings Hawaii. Their wedding had such a ‘real Hawaii’ vibe – I can’t get enough of it.
11. Speaking of iPhones, I’ve been having tons of fun with Camera+ (☜ use this for all your pics, it’s the best), PicFx (☜ loads of filters, all of them amazing), and LensLight (☜ adds fun light filters, hearts, stars, and dots to your photographs). Plus, you can save them and share them on your instagram feed like I did here.
What fun finds, movies, books, people, foods, kittens, did you fall in love with this week? Let me know!