It’s been a pretty big week around here on Burnett’s Boards! This blog got a wonderful new logo which you can read all about here and I wrote an article for Huffington Post Weddings on the sexual overtones of wearing animals masks at your wedding. Yep, you read that correctly, and it definitely ‘ruffled some feathers.’ Go check it out and let me know what you think! If anything, you should see it for the colorful comments everyone has been leaving. My husband and I have been giggling over them all day because apparently I’m a sexual deviant with a repressed fetish for masks. Also, our Pantone Color of the Year for 2013 series has wrapped up with our latest candidate being linen and I’m eagerly awaiting the big announcement on what the color of the year will be! (my money is SO on grayed jade – love that color). In other news, I dressed Oliver (my cat) up like Santa, received 72 gorgeous red roses from Flower Muse and proceeded to pass them out to some of my friends, and there was a whole lot of lovely going on around the wedding blogosphere ☞
1. A stunningly beautiful Snow White engagement shoot from Roses and Lace with some major cake eye candy.
2. Darling details on All the Frills involving two of my favorite things: deers and antlers.
3. I shared this picture on Facebook this week and I adore this live flower dress! However, someone else didn’t – said a weed whacker needed taken to it. I disagree… very much. It’s stunning.
4. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that these 3D printed figurines (of the actual people who ordered them) are the the future of life-like wedding cake toppers. Too bad that right now they are only available if you fly to Japan to have your body scanned.
5. Kiss My Tulle shared some sweet ways to involve children in your wedding.
6. There was magnificent vintage inspiration shoot on Fab You Bliss.
7. An Ohio wedding on Modernly Wed stole the spotlight with some amazing dress shots.
8. Le Magnifique’s country chic wedding was a total winner.
9. Lauren of Every Last Detail gave some fabulous ideas on how to personalize your big day.
10. Ruffled shared a wonderful Southwest themed wedding with adorable mini succulent escort cards.
11. And finally… ’tis the season! Get into a joyous holiday mood by making a snow globe out of a mason jar!
So, what’s on your docket for the upcoming week? As for me – I need to do some Christmas shopping and I have to tackle my first craft project since the 4th grade (more on that later…).