UPDATE: FINALISTS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN – SEE IT ALL HERE.
I’ve long wanted to host a styled shoot contest. The limitless creativity from wedding professionals around the world never ceases to amaze me and as Burnett’s Boards prepares to turn two years old in a couple of months, I think it’s about time!
Create a styled shoot inspired by an artistic medium… any material used by an artist to create their work: glass, cement, metal, wood, textiles, chalk, charcoal, watercolors, ink, stone, film, clay etc. Truly, the list is infinite.
1. Submit a proposal outlining your concept along with a link to a Pinterest board or an attached inspiration board with your ideas by February 3rd. The photographer who will be photographing the shoot should submit the proposal. This by no means excludes other wedding professionals from taking the reigns – just nab your favorite photographer in the next few weeks!
2. I will review all of the proposals and select 5 of them that I would love to see brought to life. Those 5 will be notified by email on February 5th.
3. Put together your team of fabulous wedding vendors and create your shoot!
4. You will have until April 30th to complete and submit your inspiration shoot via Dropbox or Two Bright Lights.
5. All five shoots will be published between May 5th and 9th.
6. Readers will have two weeks to vote for their favorite inspiration shoot. Voting will open after all five have been published.
*** As per my usual submission policies – once the shoot has been published on Burnett’s Boards you are of course free to submit it elsewhere ***
Up to 6 participating vendors (as chosen by the photographer) from the winning shoot will all receive a yearlong listing in the vendor guide and a six-month rotating sidebar advertisement spot (rotates between the vendors on a per-impression basis). This prize is valued at $5,040.
THINGS YOU ALREADY KNOW BUT I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD SAY ANYWAY
Submissions should consist of at least 80 images and contain a written explanation of its design elements, inspiration, and of course vendor links.
The shoot should contain the usual items found in most styled shoots: fabulous fashion, floral design, a tablescape, décor items, a cake, paper goods etc. Due to the nature of the inspiration don’t feel like you must be confined by ‘tradition’ – design elements can take many different forms!
The shoot must be created and executed during the timeframe provided. Old styled shoots will not be considered.
Please do not post images from the shoot on your own blogs until it has been published on Burnett’s Boards. I don’t want anything to spoil the fun in store.
Once the completed submissions have been received, I reserve the right to reject the submission if the concept and style do not align with what is typically featured on Burnett’s Boards. Additionally, there will be no set amount of images per feature. I reserve the right to make editorial decisions as I see fit.
I’m beyond excited about it this. I hope it stretches your imagination and inspires creativity! Please feel free to email me with any questions: Sara(at)BurnettsBoards.com