There’s one person on this island that I trust with my face and that’s Heather Saffery. She did my makeup for my wedding, the Ku’u Lei shoot, and every other event I’ve needed to look great for! Today she’s here sharing steps for a healthy, natural look along with some behind the scenes shots by Just B Photography.
From Heather – The key to achieving a natural look begins with basic skincare and thorough gentle cleansing is the first step. Your makeup will look as good as the condition of your skin so a regular skincare regimen is essential.
1. Cleanse AM / PM (massage to loosen, remove with a facial sponge or Clarisonic cleansing brush)
2. Hydrating water or toner to restore the moisture barrier
3. Hydrating moisturizer (AM) & serum + night cream (PM)
4. Eye serum and / or eye cream
For natural looking makeup in under 15 minutes –
1. Apply Laura Mercier Primer (oil free, gel formula)
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (oil free or original formulas)
3. Apply a cream cheek color – my favorite is Tarte’s Cheek Stain
5. Apply a pop of color to your lips, pressed with your finger or a lip brush. Be sure to choose a shade to enhance your natural lip pigment. Some of my favorites are Rosewater, Courtisane and Seduction.
6. This is a MUST: Curl your eye lashes and apply a mascara ‘wiggle’ at the roots. Coat your lashes from the top and bottom.
7. Touch–up: Blot shine with blot papers or Kleenex; apply Laura Mercier’s oil-free Invisible Pressed Powder and you’re good to go!