I couldn’t be more excited to share with you that my boyfriend and I are headed off on a romantic adventure in Europe together with Viking River Cruises!
We’re going to be checking it out as an option for your honeymoon or anniversary and reporting daily from the cities we visit and our boat, Viking Vilhajalm via Instagram Stories (follow along here), and then back on the blog with a full-blown Viking River Cruises review after the journey.
We’re SO excited!!!
Viking River Cruises has some pretty amazing itineraries to choose from (check them all out here) and the one we opted for is called ‘Danube Waltz.’ There were a couple of reasons that we went with this one:
1. My boyfriend, Kashmie, couldn’t take too much time off of work 2. Of the European options we were given we wanted something a little less typical (hello Slovakia!) and 3. We knew we wanted to go sometime in September when Europe isn’t too hot and not too cold so the Danube Waltz itinerary was perfect for us!
Here’s our route:
Because anticipation is half the fun of anything we asked ourselves: “What are the 5 things that get you most excited when anticipating the Viking River Cruise?”
- It’s my first ever cruise! Not just river cruise, but my first ever any cruise so I’m pumped about the whole cruise aspect. How will the rooms be? Will it feel like you’re on a boat? Will sitting on the balcony over the Danube be as fun as I think it will be? I only have to unpack once and get to see all these places?! Amazing.
- It’s going to be SO romantic! I keep thinking about the handholding, getting lost together, memory making… I can’t wait!
- I’m hoping that they play Bach’s toccata in D minor at the organ concert shore excursion in Durnstein… mostly because that’s the only organ piece I can name but also because I think it would be just so inspirational to hear live.
- Living on a tiny island in the Bahamas with two restaurants and one road is great and all that but I am REALLY looking forward to the change of scenery. The different pace and sense of excitement that comes from travelling, exploring, meeting new people, and seeing new things with the man you love is going to be so much fun! (and like #2 says – SO romantic!)
- The food. We’re total foodies (street food style) so I know we’re going to enjoy sampling Hungarian palacsinta, Slovakian sheep cheese soup, goulash, Viennese chocolate hazelnut cakes covered in powdered sugar… I could go on (yep, my stretchy pants are packed).
Cafe along the Danube in Vienna from Michelle Mock Photography
- Having a brand new experience (in river cruising) with someone I love and care about.
- Definitely excited about all the culinary and cultural adventures…
- Since I work in the travel & hospitality industry as a hotelier it’s going to be so nice to be taken care of for a change, as opposed to spending the day worrying about my guests!
- I’ve always wanted to see the grandeur of Vienna so I’m excited that I get to cross that one off of my bucket list.
- I am looking forward to meeting all of our co-cruisers and learning what parts of the world they are from and the great conversations, laughs, and story-swapping we’ll have during our city tours and excursions!
Do you have any questions about Viking River Cruises? If so leave them below!
Partnered Post: Flights, River Cruise, accommodations, meals, some activities, and transportation will all be provided by Viking River Cruises. All opinions are my own.